September 9, 2011 Leave a comment
The Cyprian Project, a site which used to contain links to the Greek and Latin volumes of Patrologia on Google Books, is now defunct. It seems that the operator of the site was compelled to remove these links either for personal reasons or because other site-operators bought him out, wishing to offer access to these volumes at a price.
It’s not that the volumes of Patrologia are no longer there. They’re still available for free on Google Books. It’s just that Google Books is not an easily searchable database. At all. However, problem solved: Thanks to www.archive.org, past editions of The Cyprian Project site are still available. The links in The Cyprian Project, via archive.org, should still be good for as long as Google Books exists.
Here’s what to do:
- Click on either “Patrologia Latina” or “Patrologia Graeca” under Sources on the right side of the page. These links will now take you to a past edition of The Cyprian Project site on archive.org.
- Click on the link to the volume you wish to view.
- Delete “liveweb.archive.org/” in the web address bar.
- Click on the screenshot of the book on the left side of the page.
- You are now able to view the entire volume. If you wish to avoid such a hassle in the future, click on “PDF” on the right side of the screen. You will be prompted to type a series of letters in a box and click “Submit.” Your download should then commence. When finished, save the file in the location you desire.